While children can typically acquire fluoride by drinking fluoridated water or using certain oral care products, still, visiting the dentist for topical fluoride treatment is necessary. The natural chemical is said to have many benefits when it comes to a child’s oral health.
At Mount Vernon Dental Smiles, everyone, young and adults, can avail of our fluoride treatment. But since kids are more exposed to cavities, we highly advised bringing them with us for additional teeth protection. And as for new patients, Mount Vernon Dental Smiles offer a free consultation!
Why opt for fluoride treatment?
- Brushing and flossing may be useless without incorporating it with some other preventive care treatments. Cleaning the teeth on a regular basis can indeed help improve the oral health, but in order to protect the teeth of your young ones against tooth decay, they need to load up with sufficient amount of fluoride. With that being said, taking your kids at the dentist for regular checkups and fluoride application every six months is a must.
- If your kids are wearing braces, we highly recommend them to undergo fluoride treatment the fact that it is more challenging to clean the teeth with the metal brackets and wires on. Fluoride must be applied to the teeth periodically to avoid oral issues caused by poor oral hygiene during the orthodontic treatment.
- Fluoride also provides protection for an exposed root of the tooth so if your kids suffer from gum recession, better bring them with us at Mount Vernon Dental Smiles.
- If your children tend to have sensitive teeth especially when consuming too cold or hot foods or beverages, they can benefit from a topical fluoride treatment. The procedure involved in the application of fluoride is straightforward and can be finished in just a short period.
- Although certain foods may contain fluoride, they don’t guarantee to strengthen the teeth at a maximum level. Compared to the treatment made available at the dentist, the fluoride that is present in some products is less concentrated.
Therefore, investing in topical fluoride treatment is more beneficial than just relying on foods, water, or oral care products that contain fluoride.
For inquiries about Fluoride Applications in Alexandria, VA, book an appointment with us at Mount Vernon Dental Smiles. You can also visit us at 8101 Hinson Farm Road #216, Alexandria, VA 22306.